Australia Awards Scholarships are awards administered by its Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Australian Government. They are long-term awards aimed at contributing to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries under bilateral and regional agreements.
The awards provide opportunities for people from developing countriesparticularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region to pursue full-time undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs at participating Australian universities and Technical and Postgraduate Education (TAFE) institutions.
Australia Awards Scholarships provide the strong funding needed for individuals to complete their academic program as outlined by the Australian Higher Education Foundation. Successful applicants have access to the following benefits:
- full tuition
- Round trip air travel – paying for a single economy class air ticket to and from Australia via the most direct route.
- Establishment allowance covering living expenses, educational materials and textbooks.
- Contribution to Living Expenses.
- Introductory Academic Program.
- Overseas Student Health Coverage.
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees if required.
- Additional academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or to enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research awards and subject-specific Masters that have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory).
Australia Awards 2023 | Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria before being considered for the award.
- Country Eligibility: Applicants must be citizens/residents of the participating country as listed by the Australia Awards Scholarship. Make sure you apply following your country’s requirements.
- Academic Requirements: The minimum academic requirements for the Australia Awards are a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from a recognized higher education institution obtained either in your home country or in a foreign country.
- English language requirements: Courses available on the awards are usually taught in English and so applicants will need to demonstrate English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) to be able to complete the courses. Applicants from countries where English is used as an official language of communication and those whose first degree was taught in English can be waived and can simply submit a letter to prove it.
Also Check: 10 Eligibility Tips to Note When Applying for Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 Application Guide
Before applying for the prizes, please note the following:
- Check the start and end dates for your country and select your country of citizenship/residence from the list of participating countries for specific information.
- Make sure you read the Australia Scholarships Policy Manual which provides information on general eligibility requirements, selection procedures, etc.
- Be sure to note the application method for your country, as some countries encourage online application while others require paper applications.
How to apply:
Interested candidates for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 can either apply online or apply by post. Make sure you check the application method allowed by your country.
Candidates must visit the Australia Scholarships Online Information System (OASIS). During online registration, you will be asked to answer certain questions to determine your eligibility. You will then be assigned a unique registration number, username and password.
Candidates need not apply immediately. They can create a draft application and update it, along with their supporting documents, by the specified deadline as per the relevant profile of the participating country. Applicants should note that once submitted, their application cannot be edited or changed.
Candidates who are unable to apply online may apply by post. Be sure to check your participating country’s profile for contact information to receive a hard copy application form and other requirements. Completed forms and supporting documents must be submitted within the deadline set by your country.