Asian Development Bank Scholarships in Asia and the Pacific: The 2023/2024 ADB-Japan Scholarship application is now open. Applications are invited from eligible postgraduate students from the eligible countries who wish to study in Japan with full funding.
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers approximately 135 postgraduate scholarships annually for studies in economics, management, science and technology and other development-related fields.
Scholarship Sponsors: Asian Development Bank/Japanese Government
Scholarship to be taken in: I see list of Academic Institutions
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
Number of awards: 135 Scholarships per year
Level of education: Postgraduate (Master’s and PhD)
Nationality: international students
See also: 100 Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program at the University of Tokyo
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA | Asian Development Bank Scholarships 2023/2024
The academic institution will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, taking into account the eligibility requirements and the ADB selection criteria. During the evaluation process, the academic institution may contact applicants for further information. The academic institution will then submit the candidate ranking list to ADB, including a description of the scoring/grading system that forms the basis for the ranking.
- ADB will review the submission from the academic institutions and recommend awardees based on ADB’s selection criteria to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- After the approval of the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise the academic institutions about the successful applicants.
- The academic institution will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin making arrangements for awardees to receive their scholarships.
- The academic institutions will arrange for the awardee to sign the acceptance of the scholarship, where the fellows agree that after completing their studies, they will return to their home country.
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to the scholars through the university.
Also Check: Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship (Graduate Program)
How to apply: To apply for ADB-Japan Scholarship 2023, applicants must follow these steps.
Step 1: Ask for information
Applicants should request information and application forms from the selected academic institution(s). Applicants are encouraged to access a variety of resources, including institution websites and handbooks and institution information sessions held in country, to assist them in making an informed decision about the academic institution and course they wish to pursue. See List of Academic Institutions.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
- Applicants should notify the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP scholarship.
- The completed institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB–JSP application form, should be submitted to the academic institution.
- Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation.
- Otherwise, an application may not be processed or the assignment may be terminated if the documentation or information provided is later found to be false.
- Candidates are requested to submit their latest income tax return or proof of their annual salary/monthly salary, whichever is available.
- They should also submit proof of family income (parent’s income).
Scholarship applications should be sent at least six months before the scheduled time you wish to start your studies.
Application Deadline: Varies by institution