The Lutheran World Federation welcomes applications from qualified candidates LWF Scholarships in Theology for Developing Countries. LWF seeks to ensure that candidates from different regions, countries and churches are supported.
Scholarships in theology are aimed at preparing the next generation of leaders in the Lutheran community. The annual call for theology and ministry scholarships opens on August 1. The LWF informs the churches and national LWF committees of the decisions made by the LWF Scholarship Committee in December.
Scholarship Sponsors: Lutheran World Federation (LWF), Switzerland
Host institutions: Lutheran World Federation
Scholarship Worth: fully funded
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Bachelor, Master & PhD in Theology
Nationality: Developing countries
Also Apply: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program for African Students at UCT 2022 (Fully Funded)
DETAILS | LWF Scholarships for Developing Countries
The scholarship includes a diploma, Unmarried, Mr and PhD theology programs. The purpose of theological fellowships is to strengthen the theological identity and self-understanding of churches and through trained and qualified personnel to equip churches to carry out their holistic mission. Scholarships in theology aim to prepare the next generation of leaders in the Lutheran community.
Each LWF member church can apply for 7 scholarships – 5 regular and 2 short-term scholarships. Applications can be for individual or group scholarships and include studies in theology and/or ministry. Please read the Scholarship Application Guidelines before submitting your application.
To be eligible for LWF Scholarships for Developing Countries, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants from developing countries are eligible.
- Church affiliation of the candidate: Only applications from active members of LWF member churches are considered. Applications submitted by individuals will not be considered.
- Applicant’s nationality: Only applicants from developing countries are eligible for scholarships in Ministry/development fields. Theological scholarships are open to applicants from all regions and countries.
- Age limits: The following age limits apply, depending on the degree sought and with some exceptions, particularly for female applicants
- Degree – 35 years
- Masters – 40
- Doctorate – 45
- Postdoctoral/Research – 50
See also: Hochschule Hof Scholarship for International Students to Study in Germany 2023
How to apply: Each applicant is responsible for completing the online application and submitting the application with the required supporting documents. All applications must be approved by the applicant’s church (headquarters).
The Church’s official letter of approval must be posted on the LWF online application review form.
Application deadline: October 15, 2022