University of Adelaide International Scholarships 2023-2024: International students are now welcome to apply for the 2023 edition of the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI). The University of Adelaide International Scholarships are open to both gentlemen and PhD students from all over the world without reservations. Several scholarships are awarded annually to students with an academic record of excellence.
Applying for Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) is simple once you meet the eligibility criteria. Interested parties should read carefully to understand the scholarship eligibility requirements and apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Adelaide, Australia.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of awards: Enough.
Level of education: Masters and PhD students
Nationality: domestic and foreign students
Check: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students
Adelaide International Scholarships 2023-24 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for a University of Adelaide International Scholarship, the following eligibility conditions may apply.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded for academic merit and research potential. Extracurricular achievements are not taken into account.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification considered by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research PhD degree or, if undertaking a Research Master’s Degree, not hold a research qualification considered by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s Australian Research Master.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-registration English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended degree program, are not eligible.
- Those taking survey via remote application are not eligible.
- Applicants must be enrolled at the University of Adelaide as “international students” and must maintain “international student” status during their enrollment at the University.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already started the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can demonstrate that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarship holders must commence studies at the University of Adelaide in the semester in which the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round and were not successful will automatically be reconsidered in the next international scholarship round, provided they have a valid offer of candidacy for that recruitment.
- The offer of a scholarship is conditional on a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide or an overseas sponsor.
Adelaide International Scholarships (ASI) provides
- Course fees for two years for an MSc by research and three years for a PhD research degree (extension is only possible for PhD programmes),
- An annual living allowance of $28,854 (2022 rate, indexed annually) for two years for a master’s by research and three years for a doctoral research degree (extension possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574) visa holders, the award provides a mandatory standardized Overseas Student Health Care (OSHC) policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa.
How to apply: To apply, submit a formal admission and scholarship application through the online application system as International and household Students. There is no application fee. Both international and domestic students can follow the steps below to apply.
- Step 1: Check your eligibility
- Step 2: Check the scholarship eligibility criteria
- Step 3: Find a supervisor
- Step 4: Apply online
- Step 5: Accept your offer and enroll (domestic students)
- Step 5: Accept your offer and register (international students)
- The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of candidacy and/or scholarship eligibility until a formal application has been submitted and assessed.
- We strongly recommend all applicants to submit their application and all required documents well in advance of the closing date (if applicable).
Application Deadline: Varies